Can I have a camp fire?

Bonfires and recreational fires are regulated by the Fire Code of New York State. A recreational or bonfire cannot be more than 3 feet in diameter and 2 feet in height. Any open fire that will be offensive or objectionable due to smoke or odor emissions when atmospheric conditions or local circumstances make such fires hazardous shall be prohibited.

Show All Answers

1. What are the Code Enforcement Office hours?
2. I am moving my business to a new location in the Town of Horseheads. What approvals do I need from the Town of Horseheads?
3. Does the Town of Horseheads conduct Fire Inspections in commercial buildings?
4. Are Carbon Monoxide Alarms required in all dwelling units and commercial buildings?
5. Do I need a Building Permit for re roofing and shingle replacement?
6. Can open flame cooking devices, such as LPG-fueled grills and charcoal burners be used on balconies or decks in apartment buildings?
7. Are smoke detectors required in existing residential buildings?
8. Can I place a temporary sign in front of my business?
9. Can I place a mobile home or double wide trailer in the town?
10. Can I conduct door to door sales?
11. Can I have an unlicensed vehicle on my property?
12. Are there standards for premises identification?
13. Can I erect an open sided canopy on my property?
14. Can I have a camp fire?
15. Is open burning allowed?
16. What is zoning?
17. When do I not need a permit?
18. When do I need a permit?
19. How do I apply for a job with the town?
20. How do we obtain a Certificate of Occupancy for permit?
21. Do electrical installations need to be inspected?
22. What type of building permit inspections are required?
23. How long is a building permit good for?
24. How long does it take to obtain a building permit?